Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Look who's back...

Well we hadn't seen the bears for a few days and were fearing the worst. Repeat bear sightings in rural residential areas often invite trouble. Conservation officers are called and relocating the bears is not the first option. Bears have very large territories and if you move one to anothers area, chances are one will die a slow death from injuries due to fighting...anyway that's what I've been told and I'm not sure if I agree with it but anyway....last evening Griffin was barking like mad, so we went out to have a look and there were the 2 cubs scrambling up a fir tree...

After a few minutes they realaxed a bit and started to come down...


















                                                              The two headed bear..


Such a treat to see these guys...I'm sure mama bear was close by but we couldn't see her..I bet she knew where we were though..

No comments:

Post a Comment