Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Into the woods...


Here was the sky this morning...Remembrance day...luckily the sun stayed out for all who gathered to pay tribute. I have been sick with a cold and have been staying close to home but was happy to be able to take the camera out on my walk today without getting soaked...

So out into the woods we went...

Tree goblins spying on us from the path...

 
I tell the kids that these are fairy wings and that all the young fairies sit flightless all spring and summer until the Vanilla leaves are ready in November...

The Bracken is a lovely brown this time of year...

I might change the color of my studio to something of this tone...


Lots of funny fungi coming up...

And pretty toadstools emerging out of the moss...

Fuzzy, green nests, abandoned for me to see...


Their springtime secrets which were hidden by the leaves...
 
And wooley-bears trundling along in their winter coats...





1 comment:

  1. Make no wonder we got on so well when we met at the One of a Kind...we love dogs, trees and all things hand made. I will think of you and Irma when I'm there and hope to see you BOTH there again in the future...you got that!?

    ReplyDelete